With us, you will learn practical anatomy on human preparations under the guidance of experienced teachers. Our course aims to better understand the different relationships between anatomical structures from different view points (embryology, physiology, anatomy) on the basis of your theoretical background.
With our experience over the years, we have developed a course program consisting of the following modules:
- Module 1A: Upper extremity and torso (cervical spine and thorax)
- Module 1B: Lower extremity and torso (lumbar spine and pelvis)
- Module 2: Central Nervous System, Meninges and bony structures (Cranium and spinal canal)
- Module 3A: Splanchnology Thorax
- Module 3B: Splanchnology Abdomen
You will be guided as a group (per Module) and as an individual, also. This guidance consists of both a theoretical and a practical aspect:
- Theoretical: before the actual dissection, you will receive the theoretical background in embryology and histology in relation to the anatomical work on the preparations.
- Practical: for every module, different teachers will help you in your journey through human anatomy.
- Apart from the "wet" preparations and to complete your study, the University offers plastinate demonstration pieces, as well (whole body, organs, and so on). Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to visit the impressive collection of anatomical and embryological preparations in the University Hall and dissection rooms.
Who can participate ?
Our course is open for osteopaths, physicians, physiotherapists, manual therapists, and mesology therapists.
How do I register ?
Registration for one of the modules can be carried out by sending us a registration form. Please, click on the button "Registration" on your left hand side.
What do I need for the course ?
You should bring the following items :
- a (white) laboratory jacket (please note that the course organization will not provide you any lab clothing, so you should bring clothing adapted for the course).
- Literature (anatomy books, atlas, etc.)
- Pencil & paper
It is since 1993 that we organize the dissection course. Our experience demonstrates that there exists a certain chronology with respect to the modules offered. If you do not have any experience in dissection, it may be a good idea to start with the module of the lower extremities, in order to learn dissection techniques. With the experience gained through the first module, you then might want to continue with the somewhat more complex upper extremities module. The study of the Central Nervous System, Cranium and spinal canal is a good way to come to our final module, i.e. the anatomy of the organs.
Where does the course takes place ?
This course is organized in cooperation with the Ruprecht-Karls-Universitšt Heidelberg (university of Heidelberg), more in particular with the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and takes place within the campus of the Medical Faculty of the University (Building 307). Please, click on the button "TRAVEL" to have a more detailed explanation on how to get there.
What are the costs to participate ?
Every module, except the module for mesology, lasts 3 days (22 course hours). The course fee varies from module and is set from 275 to 350 Euros per module.